inaugural 2018-2019 SEASON
Live at Lucille’s brings the tradition of exciting and innovative PBS music programming right here to East Tennessee. Featuring local, regional and national jazz artists performing in an intimate setting, these shows will be taped in front of a live audience at East Tennessee PBS’ studios near downtown Knoxville. Tapings will begin in September and the recorded programs will begin airing on East Tennessee PBS in 2019. WUOT will air the audio during segments of it's Improvisations broadcast.
Live at Lucille's will be taped at East Tennessee PBS' studio. The set will include a stage, plus seating for 75 guests.
East Tennessee PBS Studio
1611 Magnolia Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37917
*Free, dedicated parking available on site
- 6 concerts for $180.
- Complimentary light refreshments will be available at each event.
- New subscriptions begin August 6 as an exclusive offer for current KJO Big Band Series subscribers.
- Depending on availability, single event tickets will go on sale Tuesday, September 4. Because seating is so limited, purchasing a series package now is the only way to ensure a seat.
how to order
- Call 865-684-1200 to renew by phone.
- Visit the TN Theatre box office on Clinch Avenue (around the corner from the front entrance to the building).
The box office is open Monday-Friday from 10am-5pm and Saturday from 10am-2pm
Long time Knoxville residents fondly remember Lucille's Jazz Club in the Old City. The club was in operation throughout the 1990s and played host to local, regional and national talent. When the club closed in 2001, East Tennessee PBS production manager Chris Smith bought the neon sign that hung in the window at the business' estate sale. He also secured the rights to the name Live at Lucille's in hopes of one day being able to create something that built on that legacy. Now some seventeen years later, his dream is becoming reality.